As you readers well know, I’ve been going absolutely bananas over the Great Barrier Reef and Tourism Queensland since January 12. I’m crossing all crossable body parts in the hope that this ride isn’t over. One more time for all you folks watching at home – we find out Top 11 Thursday at 7 p.m. EST.
While we’re all still loopy with anticipation, I’d like to offer my heartfelt thanks to the following fab folks. You will never know how much your words of encouragement and votes have meant to me these past weeks/months. You’ve been so generous with your praise and your support. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
- My family, my incredibly large and far-flung family that I risk alienating if I miss even one name, so I shall conglomerate you into the unwieldy and gargantuan entity that you are – grandparents, great aunts, great uncles, regular aunts and regular uncles, faux aunts and uncles, first cousins, second cousins, folks once removed, people who have been around so long that I call you aunt/uncle…
- I would be certifiably insane if I didn’t highlight my dauntless Aunt Peggy, relentless mother Liz and diligent grandma Darla, who mobilized their networks in miraculous and marketing award-worthy ways. If you want to know where I get “it” from, all you have to do is meet them!
- My baby sister who constantly reminds me that there are more important things going on in the world than Big Apple Angie… like, high school boys and cheerleading tryouts, duh
- My brother who dropped everything to be my cameraman in California, and took it in stride when we got stuck and had to sleep in the stank LGB airport
- My dad who sings my praises all over town
- La La La Lauren and J-Mart - the metaphorical wind beneath my wings. They have been right beside me every step of the way with encouragement and unmatched patience for my constant situational analysis. Who else would sit with me on a Friday night to make a spreadsheet, just to give me peace of mind? These gems.
- My friends at Abundant Life & The Gallery Church NYC
- Those media contacts who’ve gone from professional acquaintances to dear friends
- My blast-from-the-past supporters including classmates and teachers from MHS, EHS and CCS
- The Deltas who rallied around another Alpha Psi – Jody G, Amanda C, Brittany B, Casey M, Jessica B, Jessica T, Morgan H, Meghan K, Audrey B, Katherine B, Amanda H, Kathryn S, Chelsea D, etc. So this is what all that BBPB stuff was about, eh?
- MHS gals… I could almost feel the virtual spirit fingers!
- My Bolivia travel partners and familia
- The fantastic Florida Cicerones – namely Serg, Ghazal and Crissie
- Meesh, Blake, Anita, Jane and the entire Gator Nation.
- Jarvis - he was the first to send me the link to islandreefjob.com
- The ATL Ogilvy alumni - Vicky & Curtis, Erin & Amy
- Chris & John Gabbie, Jordan, Antoinette, Pam H, Laney M, Wendy R, Tanya P
- Weber Shandwick - my brilliant colleagues and inimitable bosses have been nothing short of saints for their understanding and truly astonishing support
- Mark Faccibene at C2Media for printing my postcards in a flash
- @Missmiah for the perfect pro-bono postcard design
- All those who took up valuable space on their personal blogs to promote the Great Barrier Reef and my Quest for Queensland
- Shana, Mary, Ben, Steve and all those at Tourism Queensland for the opportunity!
- The Top 50, especially those I met in person in California - this experience became exponentially richer when I met you!
- Melissa & John at Quinn & Co. They're good people.
- My adorable computer without whom I never could have made my 60-second video. (Side note of thanks: to everyone who suggested I get a Mac.)
*As I’ve gone through this list, I’m just staggered at the mountain of people who were involved in this effort and at the amount of folks I don't have room to mention! There are no words. I’m humbled that you all thought enough of me to be a part of this journey. If you wrote on my Facebook wall or Tweeted at me or sent me a text or an email… well, it made the sleepless nights, crazy schedules and whirlwind media blitz worth it. You like me. You really like me. WOW!